– The UK is already a net importer of gas
– 75% of all gas will be imported within 8 years
– North Sea gas will be used up within 13 years
– Shale gas extraction is unproven in the UK
– Electric heating is 100% efficient at the point of use
– Electricity is quickly emerging as the fuel of choice
– The cost of all fuels are rising but oil and gas are rising fastest
Long term there is little doubt that the future is electric. And of course energy efficient electric appliances are by definition ‘renewables ready’. Meaning that as more renewable and low carbon sources of supply become available, electricity will increasingly be favoured over gas.
Benefits of radiant underfloor heating systems
Electric radiant underfloor heating systems are generally simpler, quicker and cheaper to install than alternative types of heating system such as ducted warm air, oil or gas fired traditional hot-water radiator based central heating systems. Often less than 50% of the installation cost of a properly controlled plumbed system.
Vysal’s electric radiant underfloor heating systems, when controlled by one of our programmable or touch screen thermostats, can provide energy savings of 20% to 40%.
– It is the most efficient means of heat delivery in existence
– It provided greater comfort than any other heating system
– Low capital costs: installation is 50% cheaper than gas or oil
– Energy efficient: easy to control for low running costs
– Invisible once installed: no loss of wall or floor space
– Healthy and Hygienic – reduced dust circulation
– Suitable for use in wet rooms / bathrooms etc
– Zero maintenance costs – lifetime guaranteed
– Adds to property values – easier property sale
– Electricity is “renewables-ready” to meet government targets
No, there are no disadvantages associated with radiant heating systems. They are 100% safe and heat energy emitted at wavelengths of 5 to 20 microns (m) is like the sun’s but without any UV component.