- Ideal for boiler condensate pipes ; external water pipes ; waste pipes in unheated areas ; lofts and outbuildings ; external waste pipes etc.
- Many applications for farmers and growers
- Built in Thermostat switches on when the temperature drops close to zero and off as the temperature rises for minimal running costs
- Simply plug into a 13amp socket – no installation costs
- Choice of 10 sizes up to 42m
Every winter we seem to get caught out when the temperatures drop, but there’s an easy way to protect vulnerable metal or plastic pipes up to 50mm in diameter from freezing. With our expertise in underfloor heating technologies, we now offer a simple yet effective solution to protecting pipework for homes, farms, stables, building sites etc.
Vysal offers a range of 10 sizes from 1m to 42m of frost protecting cable. It simply plugs into a 13amp socket with 1.5m tail. The cable is fixed along the outside of the pipe using standard insulating tape (or preferably heavy duty aluminium tape – order code 2323 – which aids heat dispersion on plastic pipes), and flame retardant insulation up to 20mm (not included) applied to the pipe.
Once fitted, the integral thermostat automatically switches on the heating cable as the temperature drops to close to zero and off again as the temperature rises. This ensures that running costs are minimal which protecting pipes from expensive and damaging bursts and ensuring continuity of operation in the coldest of conditions.
The cable is rated IP66 for outdoor use, but should not be used on steam pips or any other pipe where the temperature is likely to exceed 70 deg C.
Other possible applications include protecting irrigation systems from freezing in polytunnels etc. Also, because of their susceptibility to damage through exposure to frost, potatoes within a clamp can be protected by using this trace heating system.
Heavy Duty Aluminium Tape
code 2323 50m